IVF Treatment or fertility treatment as it is sometimes known is the process of artificially creating pregnancy through the use of science.
The female partner’s eggs are surgically removed and fertilised in a laboratory using sperm which has been given as a sperm sample.
Then, the fertilised egg, called an embryo is surgically implanted into the woman’s womb.
It has been used to help thousands of childless couples who would otherwise not be able to conceive.
- Dr Suchada is one of the world’s most renowned IVF specialists and trained in the United States.
- The costs are far lower than in most western countries
- Thailand has some of the best hospitals and care facilities in S/E Asia and people regularly travel here for medical treatment.
PGD is available as a step added to an IVF cycle, which enables us to choose which embryos will be implanted into the mother.
- In an IVF cycle, eggs collected from the mother are fertilized with the father’s sperm in the lab.
- The resulting embryos are incubated for 3 days, until they have grown to 6 to 10 cells each.
- Next, the PGD procedure is performed. Guided by a powerful microscope, a microscopically tiny, hollow glass needle is used to penetrate the embryo’s outer covering, and remove a single cell.
- Genetic testing is performed on the removed cell. Because every cell in our bodies — starting from the moment of conception — contains a complete copy of our DNA in its chromosomes, analysis of this single cell can foretell the embryo’s future: whether it will have a genetic disease, chromosomal abnormalities, and whether it will become a boy or a girl.
- Using this information, healthy embryos are selected of the sex of the child you would like, male or female, and implanted into the mother.
Simply fill out the contact form below and Dr Suchada’s appointment team will get back to you within 24 hours to confirm your appointment or request any further information.